1. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1. We process your personal data, which are necessary for the purpose of carrying out the Agency’s official tasks and powers, in the sense of Article 6, paragraph 1, point (e) of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND COUNCIL of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and on the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter: General Regulation). The aforementioned tasks and powers are prescribed by the provisions of the General Regulation and the Law on the Implementation of the General Regulation, and they include:
- providing answers to received inquiries;
- providing a legal opinion;
- undertaking actions aimed at controlling compliance with the General Regulation;
- handling of received objections and complaints sent to us as a supervisory body.
1.2. We process your personal data in fulfilment of our legal obligations in the sense of Article 6, paragraph 1, point (c) of the General Regulation for the purpose of:
- responding to a request to exercise the right to access information;
- fulfilling legal obligations towards the European Commission regarding the implementation of projects financed by the EU program Citizenship, equality, rights and values
- employment in our Agency.
1.3. We process your personal data based on consent in the sense of Article 6, Paragraph 1, Point (a) of the General Regulation, for the purpose of:
- better functioning of all website features and enabling a better user experience
- on the official website www.sailsofadriatic.com the so-called cookies – text files placed on the user’s computer by the Internet server, through which the Internet access service provider (ISP) displays the website.
- cookies are created when the browser on the user’s device loads the visited web destination, which then sends data to the browser and creates a text file (cookie). The browser retrieves and sends a cookie to the server of the website when the user returns to it.
- our pages use technical cookies (mandatory cookies, cannot be turned off) that are necessary for the website to function
- you can find more information at the following link: https://sailsofadriatic.com/postavke-kolacica/
3. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
To exercise your rights, you can contact us in writing or by e-mail using our contact information listed on the following link: https://sailsofadriatic.com/contact/
Your rights are:
3.1. The right to access personal information
You have the right to access your personal data that we process about you and you can request detailed information, in particular, about the purpose of their processing, about the type/categories of personal data that are processed, including insight into your personal data, about recipients or categories of recipients, and about the intended period in which personal data will be stored. Access to personal data can be limited only in cases prescribed by Union law or our national legislation, i.e. when such a limitation respects the essence of the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.
3.2. The right to correct personal data
You have the right to request the correction or addition of personal data if your data is not correct, complete and up-to-date. To do this, send your request to us as the controller in writing, including electronic form of communication.
Please note that in the request it is necessary to specify what is not accurate, complete or up-to-date and in what sense the above should be corrected and submit the necessary documentation in support of your allegations.
3.3. Right to erasure
You have the right to request the deletion of personal data relating to you if one of the following conditions is met:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which we collected or processed it;
- you have withdrawn the consent on which the processing is based in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) or Article 9 paragraph 2 point (a) and if there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21, paragraph 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation and if there are no stronger legitimate reasons for the processing;
- personal data were illegally processed;
- personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation from the law of the Union or the law of the country to which the controller is subject
- personal data were collected in connection with the offer of information society services from Article 8, paragraph 1.
3.3.1. Exceptions related to the exercise of the aforementioned right are provided for in Article 17, Paragraph 3 of the General Regulation
The aforementioned rights are not applicable to the extent that processing is necessary:
- in order to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing under Union law or the law of a Member State to which the data controller is subject, or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority of the data controller;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical purposes, research or for statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89, paragraph 1, to the extent that it is likely that the right from paragraph 1 can make it impossible or seriously jeopardize the achievement of the goals of that processing; or
- in order to establish, realize or defend legal claims.
3.4. The right to restrict the processing of personal data
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing if:
- you dispute their accuracy
- if the processing is illegal, and you object to their deletion
- if the data controller no longer needs the personal data, but you have requested it in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- if you objected to the processing of your personal data.
3.5. The right to object
If we process your data for the purposes of performing tasks of public interest or in the exercise of our official powers, or when processing them we refer to our legitimate interests, you can file a complaint against such processing.
4. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may forward your personal data for use by providers of IT and communication solutions and services who act as processors. We have entered into contracts with the aforementioned processors in which the treatment of personal data is prescribed in detail, therefore they are not able to process your personal data without our order and pass them on to third parties.
In certain circumstances, we have a legal obligation to forward your personal data, and the processing of personal data may include the international transfer of the same. The legal obligation may arise from national regulations or from EU regulations. For example, it is sometimes necessary to undertake joint supervisory activities of the supervisory authorities of the member states, or it is necessary to undertake actions with the aim of collecting the imposed but unpaid fine. Therefore, your data is forwarded to other recipients when we are bound by the relevant regulations to the extent necessary to achieve the established purpose.
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
5. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process personal data in a way that ensures adequate security and confidentiality in their processing and enables effective application of data protection principles, reduction of the amount of data, scope of their processing, storage period and their availability.
We take all appropriate technical and organizational security measures to prevent accidental or illegal destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized use, disclosure, insight or access to data.
All employees of the data controller undertake to keep personal data by signing a confidentiality statement.
The director, deputy director and employees of the Agency are obliged to keep all personal and other confidential information that they learn in the performance of their duties as a professional secret or as another appropriate type of secret, in accordance with the law regulating data confidentiality. The stated obligation continues even after the termination of the duties of the director, deputy director, or after the termination of service in the Agency.
6. TIME PERIOD OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data until the purpose of personal data processing is fulfilled. After the end of the purpose for which they were collected, we no longer use your personal data, and they remain in our storage system and we keep them as long as we are obliged by the legal regulations on the preservation of archival material.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at one of the contacts available at the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org